Saturday, November 22, 2014

Lilly for Your Fur Minnies!


Lilly and her cats by Lilly 5x5
Fancy Fest print
Cats, both wild and domestic, are frequent subjects of many Lilly prints, including Crazy Cat House, Fancy Fest,  Sunnyside Cabana, Tiger Lilly, and many more. The frequent appearance of greater and smaller cats is a homage to Lilly's love of cats. One would imagine that she made custom Lilly collars for her managerie of kitties. While Lilly is no longer with us, her legacy lives on in our hearts, on our sleeves bearing feline prints, and even on the collars of our beloved fur Minnies.

Like Lilly, Melanie considers herself "one of the biggest cat ladies you'll ever meet", apparent in her many kitty selfies on Facebook and adoration of all Lilly prints with cats in them! I'll admit it: cats kind of give me the creeps, and I don't trust men who only like cats. However, I do enjoy observing the majestic greater cats and some of the smaller wild cats, like cheetahs and bobcats and personally promote efforts towards their conservation (side note: if you haven't seen "The Elephant in the Living Room" on Facebook, you should really consider watching, especially if you're an animal lover).

Melanie's fur babies in their adorable custom collars! (Sophie, Lilly, and Rachel, in that order; their collars were made by Lillyduds on Etsy!)



Whether you have a cat or dog, it's a good idea to have a collar and tag, and for dogs, a leash and possibly a harness. I personally prefer the services of Gloria Baker of Pawsitive Style. I've ordered both a leash and collar from her for my little fuzz nugget Petunia the Beagle, and am contemplating ordering a harness (Petunia is very social and loves to pull on her leash when she sees other pups at the park!) which Gloria said she'd custom make for me in a heartbeat if the pre-established sizing was too small for my little peanut! Gloria was also very prompt in getting my order to me as soon as possible. You could tell the fabric was authentic Lilly, and that it was very well made. She's also super sweet and a pleasure to do business with.

My baby Petunia in her Lilly Hotty Pink Lemonade collar and leash from Pawsitive Style!


You can order from Pawsitive Style here.

No comments:

Post a Comment