Monday, November 24, 2014

Lilly Loungewear





Typical Day Off Work Outfit: Leona Zip Up, custom Lilly t-shirt, and Nike Legend 2.0 Pants! Print on print is always so much fun!
I wear at least one Lilly item at almost all times. It's a compulsive behavior, really, but I feel practically naked without something Lilly adorning my body. As my personal Lilly collection has taken over the vast majority of my closet, I've taken to collecting more and more Lilly basics and wearing Lilly casually, as opposed only when I dress up. Now don't get me wrong: I still love my Nike yoga pants, and until Lilly starts making baseball caps (fat chance), I'll be sporting my favorite goody from my annual trip to the Masters tournament when I head out for some mid-day froyo or a walk in the park with my fatty-patty Beagle, Petunia. But wearing Lilly is a subconscious priority when I get dressed for the day, whether it's for work or play.


Monogram Lilly Pulitzer applique t-shirt, $25.
Available at SydneySaySew.com!

One of my most favorite casual Lilly items doesn't bear the ubiquitous pink Lilly tag; instead, it bears the name of Comfort Colors. Sydney Whaley of SydneySaysSew.com makes custom Lilly t-shirts and other apparel for very reasonable prices. She has a huge selection of items and Lilly prints and does custom orders, so whatever you're looking for, if she doesn't have it, she'll make it! There are several other Etsy shops, like Melanie's personal favorite, LillyDuds. These shops make it really easy to sport Lilly 24/7... Because really, who can get enough of it?!

Melanie has also had very good experiences with Etsy shop LillyDuds. Here she is in class today sporting her sorority Tri-Sigma's letters in Hotty Pink First Impressions!

Melanie LOVES beach pants and has several pairs. I don't personally own any, but if what she says is true, I might have to invest in a pair soon. At 5'2", constant alterations can just be such a pain in the butt sometimes, so I prefer not having to deal with them. However, I did just buy some new Palazzo pants, so since an alterations trip is already in order, I might have to give in and buy the beach pants.

Lilly Pulitzer Beach pant in Brewster Blue Good Reef ($138, LillyPulitzer.com)


Here are some of our other favorite Lilly loungewear pieces:
1) Skipper Popover and/or Leona Zip Up: Made with soft terry cotton, the Skipper is an essential investment for any Lilly lover. Usually has a coordinated printed pair of beach pants, and if not, will work with one of the solid color beach pants. Perfect if you love to exercise in cool weather or live on the breezy beach. Try the Skipper in Lilly's Lounge paired with black beach pants.

2) Tabbie tank: Lilly pima cotton is unparalleled in terms of quality. The Tabbie tank is great for layering or lounging, and even working out (of course, if that's your thing!) Comes in prints and solids. Try it underneath your Skipper popover!

3) Michele/Jodie V-neck: Again with that pima cotton. The Michele usually comes in solid colors that perfectly match your printed Callahans for summer as well as the season's most popular prints. For winter? The Jodie's got your arms covered. Both are perfect for layering during the colder months. Try the Lipstick Pink Michele with Trunk Show Callahan shorts, or the Jodie in Trunk Show with a white Syd puffer vest!

4) Eliza slub dress: The Eliza is a quintessential Lilly piece that is as versatile as any Lilly piece comes. Wear it as sleepwear, a bathing suit coverup, by itself, or even with leggings/tights and a vest. I love pairing mine with a Montauk necklace for a dinner date at home with my handsome boyfriend.

1 comment:

  1. These clothing seems to be a comfortable one. Hunting for some designer leggings and bras for workouts. Need them in high quality stuff with reasonable prices as well. Also darker shade preference is more than lighter ones. Saw many online sites and shortlisted two of them for ordering clothes.

    ReplyDelete