Friday, January 16, 2015

January Lilly Sales

One common misconception that readers may get from Melanie and me is that we pay full price for our Lilly. TRUST me, this couldn't be further from the truth.In addition to a generous "whenever" discount from Dillard's as employees, we get seasonal wardrobe discounts where we can purchase items for an additional % off. So basically, when we buy Lilly from Dillard's, we never pay full price. If an item isn't on sale, I usually wait to buy it until that point in time or until I'm given the seasonal wardrobe discount. I will splurge on a pair of Callahans from the Lilly website though, if we don't carry them at my store!

I also buy a lot of Lilly off of Facebook groups like Re-Lilly as well as Instagram pages like lovelillyandcupcakes, thepineapplelilly, lillypulitzerforsale and lillypulitzerresale
 
Check out lillypulitzerforsale on Instagram! She's great.

I will on occasion call stores like the Pink Palm, Pink Tangerine, Under the Palm, Lyme of Southern Pines, and Mica and Molly's, just to name a few, both before and after the APS sales to secure items that I don't think I will be able to find when it comes time for the sale. One store I recently discovered, Lady Bird in San Marino, CA is my new favorite. I highly recommend them as well for great deals!

Lady Bird in San Marino, CA is probably my new favorite Lilly Signature Store. Visit their website!

 
While eBay may prominently feature Lilly items that have been marked up considerably (that $500 LCC popover comes to mind), the month or so following the online APS sale tends to be a time when I'm able to find the best deals there. For example, this week alone, I've managed to pick up a pair of Scorpion Bowl and Tickle the Ivories Luxury Capris for $25 each, as well as a white Conley top, the Gypsy necklace, a hot pink Dahlia top, and a pair of Escape Artist Phillipa Palazzo pants for $30, $35 and $60 each.

Very reasonably priced, recent Lilly finds on eBay.
Also, during the APS, major upscale retailers like Saks, Neiman's and Nordstrom tend to have competitive pricing on their Lilly items. This year, in addition to the four items I bought on the Lilly website during the APS (white skinny minis, cameo white Destination quilted jacket, sea foam Brielle, and black travel pants for mom), I was also lucky enough to score two pieces from Saks online that I love- one of them was even on my APS must haves list, but I wasn't able to secure the item on time there. I ended up purchasing the pink tomato Elsa top for a whopping $44 along with the navy Valencia top for $35. The color of the pink tomato Elsa is stunning in person, and the beading detail and cut of the Valencia ascertains that it will become one of my new favorite go-to tops as the weather begins to warm up!

One item I didn't realize I needed in my life was the Lilah reversible jacket in a medium (the small I tried on was too tight across my chest, and by that point, the mediums at Saks online were all sold out!). While I love my cameo white Destination jacket, I could have also been super happy with a Lilah. That being said, I'm ISO one for around APS prices because the one at my store isn't at an agreeable price for me just yet :) Another purchase I wish I had made was the gold metallic Jade dress. It bums me out that it was available til the last second on the website and I didn't choose to buy it, because the sea foam Brielle didn't compliment me the same ways that the pink and navy ottoman striped one did, and the metallics on that dress are just gorgeous! So I'm looking for one of those in a medium as well. 
 

Hopefully I'm able to find some more great items this week at a reduced cost, and that you are, too!

Happy listings and Lilly,
Carol Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment