Wednesday, January 21, 2015

IT'S HERE!!! Lilly + Hanky Panky Release Collaborative Lingerie Collection




THIS POST CONTAINS CONTENT ABOUT UNDERTHINGS.
IF YOU DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT BRAS AND PANTIES, OR HEARING PEOPLE TALK ABOUT UNDERTHINGS MAKES YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, DON'T READ IT.
 
Lilly Pulitzer for Hanky Panky, by the Lilly Print Studio
I've said before that I feel a sense of guilt when I'm not wearing Lilly. I don't know if it's the way the clothes fit, or if it's a psychological thing, but with the launch of the Lilly Pulitzer for Hanky Panky collaborative line this holiday season, I no longer have to feel that guilt - even if my Lilly is underneath whatever else I'm wearing! I'm somewhat of a collector of colorful, lacy lingerie- not to mention LILLY- so naturally, I am a fan of this collaboration! Although he printed undergarments are sweet nod and throwback to some older prints, featuring the years-old favorites Checking In and See You Later, I do wish that more prints would have been included. At least there are a good variety of styles to choose from, even a chemise and two styles of tank tops to round out the collection.

Pricing for the items isn't terribly expensive for a Lilly product, but considering that similar products can be bought from competitors like Betsey Johnson and Victoria's Secret for about half the price, $26-$40 for a pair of panties is pretty expensive. The other items are more comparable in price, particularly the chemise, which is absolutely gorgeous.
 
Lilly Pulitzer for Hanky Panky Surf Blue Checking In Chemise, $98.
 
I'm not much of a fan of Checking In as far as the print itself goes, but I do love its appearance printed on lace, so I purchased the bralette and original rise thong in this pattern. I've never worn Hanky Panky before, in spite of hearing wonderful things, more so because I buy most of my underthings during sales and I can't justify buying a $26 panty when I can get a panty of the same quality at a quarter of the price (what can I say, I'm a savvy shopper and make no apologies for it). However, since this involves Lilly... Obviously I'm going to make an exception! The Pink Door in Memphis had these on sale during the After Party Sale, but I bought mine at Nordstrom immediately upon seeing them just a few weeks prior to that.
But really... How cute would a Good Reef matching lingerie set be?! #Resort365
 
I love that Hanky Panky's panties are one size fits all. I'm not exactly sure how that works, but I always feel that I'm inbetween sizing for most lingerie. The Hanky Panky sizing is awesome for that reason. It's accommodating as far as sizing goes and provides good coverage while still maintaining some sex appeal that one wouldn't normally associate with Lilly! The printed lace material feels good, is lightweight and doesn't itch, which can sometimes happen, especially for someone like me that's highly allergy prone and sensitive to certain synthetic blend materials and even dyes.
 
I'm not sure why Lilly hasn't started producing its own lingerie line yet, because IMO, it would do incredibly well in signature stores as well as department retailers like Dillard's, and with the redaction of the men's line, there is an opportunity to invest some resources elsewhere. There are a myriad of colors and bright prints to choose from each season, and even if women don't feel confident enough to wear the bold, sunny prints on Lilly clothing, they can still indulge in the brand by purchasing Lilly undergarments! There is definitely a market for a high-quality lingerie line featuring cute floral patterns- ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN WHO DO NOT LIKE EXTRA PADDING IN THEIR BRAS. I can't stress enough how difficult it is to find bras that are cute but not extremely padded, as a larger-chested girl. I, for one, LOVE Hanky Panky's lacy bralette undergarment, but wish it was more shapely without featuring padded cups, sort of like my favorite bra, the Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Unlined Plunge.
 
You can find the Lilly Pulitzer for Hanky Panky collection this holiday season at Lilly Pulitzer online, Lilly signature stores, and at major retailers such as Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Dillard's, and Bloomingdale's. Availability may vary based on location, but nearly all of them have the products available to purchase on their websites! 

Melanie's Dillard's store now carries the Lilly for Hanky Panky line as well. You can call her store and ask for the Lilly Pulitzer or lingerie department at (501)661-0053.

The Lilly Pulitzer for Hanky Panky collection includes two popular Lilly patterns in a lacy brief, low-rise thong, original-rise thong, bralette, camisole, tank, and chemise. 
Pros: Coverage, quality, cute, variety
Cons: Only two prints, cost
Overall rating: 4/5 smooches
 
Xx,
Carol Anne


Edit: Intended to post this back in November when the collection was released but it's been sitting as a draft since then. I've edited it to include some recent findings. Sorry for the delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment