Monday, January 5, 2015

Lilly APS Live Blogging

6:55 CST: Alarm goes off. I went to sleep about three hours ago, so you know this is going to go over well when the site crashes.

6:58 CST: Hitting refresh incessantly while I mentally screen for what I'll look for first... Praying for the Lulu Cara or Fountain Hopping Delia

6:59 CST: AND WE'RE OFF!

7:02 CST: The Lulu Cara IN MY SIZE was in my cart but due to having to dig through my purse and find my gift card's CSC, I missed out on it. Next I go for the small pink tomato elsa but realize my size isn't there. I consider settling for the magenta but realize that one hasn't gone on sale at my dillard's yet.

7:05: Having all sorts of issues with the site not loading. I have a pair of resort white skinny minis for $49 that I would love to have for spring/summer in my size, but I'm not sure I'll get them. I spot the white Dahlia in my size but again, page issues, and once it loads, it's sold out in size small.

7:10: Still waiting to be able to access my cart

7:11: Site is down

7:13: Contemplating my choices- do I need more Becketts? I'll run through accessories for belts and that Gypsy necklace I saw online last night that I had somehow never seen before.

7:20: FINALLY able to check out my pants.

7:30: Things are running much more smoothly now. Debating between the Not Too Catty Lilah reversible jacket and the cameo white getaway jacket. Can't decide.

7:35: I decided on the cameo white jacket. I think I will get more wear out of that one. Now I need to decide between the sea foam green brielle and the gold striped one. I've bought a lot of gold pieces lately so I think I'll go with the sea foam brielle.

7:37: All checked out, I'll run through the site to see if I missed something but I'm pretty sure I'll be all good after my few purchases.

8:55: Mom tells me she wants black travel pants so after that, I'm done.

9:22: I've bought only four items today and frankly didn't feel like I missed out on too much. I would have liked to see more solid color elsas on sale for less that what I could get them for at Dillard's but the prices are obviously low enough to be selling out items left and right. I'm only disappointed about a few things, namely the lackluster items that remained available, as well as the fact that in spite of being a larger sale, the summer sale seemed to have gone much more smoothly. I am sad I got basically nothing on my wishlist aside from the skinny minis, but I do know where the Catch the Stripe Rogan is available on sale if I decide that I want it and I know where to buy the rest at full price or on eBay.

On the other hand I scored a couple of great pieces in less than two hours. So maybe this sale wasn't so bad! I also stayed within my budget with about $40 left to spend so maybe I'll pick up a necklace from a specialty store or something! YAY me!

No comments:

Post a Comment